Are you interested in being part of the world’s largest HR professional society? Do you want to contribute to the ongoing development of other HR professionals in the Central Maine community? CMHRA is interested in hearing from you!
CMHRA is currently seeking nominations for Human Resource professionals interested in serving on the CMHRA Board of Directors.
Directors work with the Chair of the Board and other members of the Board to provide leadership for Human Resource and other professionals in the Central Maine community. If elected, Board members commit to serving a two-year term.
- Have an active interest in the human resource profession, a willingness to assist in setting and achieving the organization’s goals, and the ability to devote the time necessary to attend and participate in Board and Chapter meetings.
- Have a history of professional achievement and success within an organization, which would enable the Director to provide context and perspective to CMHRA’s Board. If not a member of SHRM prior to election to the Board, all Directors are expected to become members upon joining the Board. Be willing to apply one’s experience to the Board’s decision-making process.
- Have a professional reputation that enhances CMHRA’s reputation and strengthens the role of the Board in supporting the vision, purpose and values of the organization.
- Have sufficient knowledge of management of a complex organization in a rapidly changing environment to provide substantive advice.
Board of Directors Election Timeline
- August 15, 2017 – Deadline to submit nominee information
- September 1 – 15, 2017 – Member voting will take place through electronic process (information will be sent on Sept 1)
- September 19, 2017 – Election results will be announce at the Chapter meeting
- Conduct the business of the chapter in accordance with the chapter bylaws and serve as chairperson of the board of directors, monitor chapter funds, develop and implement strategic plan, and oversee community service efforts.
- Network and liaison with other SHRM chapters, the Chamber of Commerce, and other area businesses and organizations to increase Chapter awareness.
- Actively participate in state SHRM council meetings and maintain communication between the state council, the SHRM regional team, and the local chapter.
- Perform all special projects as assigned by the president.
- Upon request, assist all officers in performing their responsibilities.
- Attend (and preside over, if necessary) all monthly chapter and board meetings.
- Network with other SHRM chapters, the Chamber of Commerce and area businesses and organizations to increase chapter awareness.
- Solicit, coordinate and schedule presenters and sponsors for monthly chapter meetings, utilizing feedback from board members and membership surveys.
- Coordinating with Marketing Director to publicize program bios and descriptions in advance of meetings on chapter website
- Schedule and manage the relationship with the meeting venue, setting up equipment on the day of the event, and acting as liaison with the speaker and sponsor at the event
- Manage the relationship with HRCI and SHRM credit certifications including applying for credits through websites, tracking and distributing of credit approvals documentation to attendees
- Maintain a record of attendance and record all monthly Board meetings
- Generate and maintain name tags for members at chapter meetings
- Meet and greet Members at chapter meetings
- Generate and send out survey information to members and report results to Board Members
- Respond to member inquiries or field inquiries to appropriate Board Members
- Fulfill the role of financial officer and advisor, prepare and maintain annual budget reports, maintain accurate financial records from monthly Chapter meeting registrations including dues invoices, process receivables and payables.
- Observe the financial direction of the chapter, recognize possible financial issues, and bring to the attention of the board of directors.
- File appropriate forms and information with IRS.
- Maintain the chapter mailbox and distributes mail appropriately
- Maintain the chapter website to include all scheduled programming, notices, etc.
- Maintain MemberVue for memberships, registrations, etc.
- Maintain regular communication with members regarding programming and notices.
- Manage membership goals to increase membership: drives, events, correspondence, etc.
- Update and maintain membership materials and supplies
- Greet all guests at monthly Chapter meetings and ensure new members are personally welcomed by the board and introduced at Chapter meetings. Create and distribute welcome packets to new members.
- Maintain a current roster of members: names and addresses