Vice President of Human Resources
Website Norway Savings Bank
Building a better bank starts with hiring outstanding talent.
It starts with you.
Do you have smarts, individualism, and a passion for helping others? We are looking for people with a drive to create lasting relationships by delivering extraordinary customer service.
We truly have something special here; a 155-year-old commitment to high achievement and high support. Norway Savings is a place of continuous learning and growth that will offer you many exciting opportunities. We strive to create an atmosphere of diversity and inclusion, where you can let your color shine!
We are committed to taking care of our employees. We have an award-winning Wellness Program that has led us to be named one of the Healthiest Companies in America!
Norway Savings has a strong focus on our customers, and building strong relationships within our communities.
The Vice President of Human Resources (VPHR) oversees the day-to-day Human Resources operations within a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment. This position will lead, direct, coach and develop the HR Operations team while providing oversight for all HR functions including HRIS administration, recruitment, retention, employee relations, payroll, benefits, and compliance. As a key resource to supervisors and managers, this position will consult, coach, and document on various issues as it relates to human resources including conflict resolution, employee performance and behavioral challenges, professional development plans, and corrective action. The incumbent also functions as a liaison for employee concerns, investigating as necessary and ensuring resolution. As the resident expert on employment law, this position will also function to ensure best practices are maintained while mitigating risk to ensure appropriate compliance as it relates to human resources functions within the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages the day-to-day HR operations ensuring efficient and high quality customer service and support.
- Leads, coaches and develops the HR Operations team which includes the HRIS Administrator (payroll), an HR Compliance and Benefits Administrator, a Talent Management Business Partner, and a Recruiter.
- Oversees recruiting and onboarding across the organization – sourcing of active and passive candidates, campus relations, DEI initiatives, and hiring-best-practices.
- Ensures that the content and spirit of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) human resources initiatives are carried out through recruiting and sourcing, compensation, Affirmative Action, internal policies and procedures, and cultural initiatives. Partners on strategically focused DEI projects.
- Manages compensation activities encompassing merit and performance budgeting as well as pay level administration.
- Oversees health and welfare benefits and retirement benefits.
- Develops and maintains HR policies and procedures.
- Partners with supervisors, managers and employees as appropriate to manage employee relations issues which includes monitoring and documenting situations and resolutions while simultaneously keeping the Senior Resources Officer SVP informed of potential risk.
- Coaches and ensures education for management across the organization on employment law, employee relations and talent acquisition including but not limited to corrective action, performance improvement plans, recruiting, interviewing, hiring and retention.
- Ensures compliance with employment laws and regulations and minimizes/mitigates risk by keeping the organization informed and abreast of new/upcoming laws and regulations. Consults with legal counsel as needed.
- Manages employee concerns; conducts investigations as necessary.
- Develops retention strategies across the organization. Collaborates with the HR Operations Team to develop and maintain an exit interview process which will include but is not limited to tracking results, identifying trends and proposing and implementing solutions as needed.
- Develops and maintains fluency with ADP HRIS (payroll, benefits, reporting, applicant tracking, and onboarding). Develops and maintains familiarity with TalentSpace for performance management administration.
- Oversees, maintains and manages all job descriptions and pay levels.
- Manages COVID-19 processes and procedures, including employee communication, protocol administration, CDC and legal requirements, tracking processes, and reporting.
- Partners with the Learning & Development Manager/Team to ensure the bank is developing and delivering effective and timely training and education.
- Exhibits regular and punctual attendance.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested
- High school diploma or equivalent required with post secondary education, certification and/or college degree preferred.
- Ten plus years of related, progressive human resources experience desired.
- Five plus years leading and coaching a team desired.
- Expert knowledge of:
- Federal and state laws and practices pertaining to employment/labor, standard human resource practices and procedures
- Human Resources Management principles
- Wage and Hour laws and regulations
- EEO laws and regulations
- Willingness to travel amongst branches as needed.
- Ability to develop strong, supportive, engaging relationships
- The following characteristics are highly desirable in this position: Self-motivation, flexibility, ability to prioritize, high degree of time management skill, problem solving, assertiveness, ease and poise in written and verbal communicating, top notch presentation skills, creative thinking, critical thinking and excellent organizational skills.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality. Ability to be a trusted resource and advisor.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office products and HRIS systems. ADP knowledge a plus.
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards.
- Minimal physical effort required; normally seated with freedom of movement on a regular basis; handling of light materials and supplies.
- Willingness and ability to travel amongst branches.
**External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or who become disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.**
Norway Savings Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.