Director of Human Resources
Website Rusty Lantern Markets
Rusty Lantern Markets
Director of Human Resources
Rusty Lantern Markets operates branded fueling stations and unique convenience stores, with most featuring large food and coffee service offerings. Rusty Lantern Markets is working diligently to be a different type of convenience store by far exceeding customer expectations with friendly staff, clean facilities, delicious food, gourmet coffee and local / craft product selection.
The company also strives to be a preferred employer by offering competitive salary and wages, bonus potential, health and other benefits, training programs, a ‘promote from within’ policy, clean working conditions and a safe working environment.
Rusty Lantern Markets is headquartered in Topsham, Maine and has sixteen locations. Most of the sites are in Maine, with some locations in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. The company is growing with plans to expand in all three areas.
This position reports directly to the CEO and is expected to be office based.
Director of Human Resources Job Duties:
· Manages and develops the Human Resources department and all related operations including, but not limited to; compensation, benefits, recruiting, training, employee retention and reporting.
· Develop all components necessary to ensure we achieve the company’s goal of being the ‘preferred employer’ in the industry.
· Align the Human Resources department with the organizations operating and financial goals.
· Provide a financial business perspective to the department
· Provide a financial business perspective to the department. For example, understand that ‘people are the key asset of the company’ and our largest expense. Therefore, create a method to achieve the best return on our largest investment.
· Develop business plans and budgets.
· Build a robust recruiting, training and skill development program
· Ensure legal compliance as a company at local, state and federal levels and company’s policies, procedures, and processes.
· Manages and grows HR department. Leads, coaches and develops support staff. Ensures daily HR support is implemented and maintained.
· Maintains an HR presence in the field by visiting all locations on the regular basis and engaging all levels of employees.
· Identifies employee relations issues and resolves as appropriate. Provides HR advice to store management and responds to employee’ inquiries.
· Assesses the issues and provides a thorough and accurate investigative report with appropriate recommendation(s). Coaches and consults with Corporate and/or Operations partners on issue resolution, provides guidance on handling of serious matters and when necessary, conducts investigations on subjects such as harassment, EEO, ADA, FLSA, etc. in a timely and appropriate manner.
· Leads the development and execution of the recruitment strategies while managing costs to budget. This includes, but is not limited to, recruitment activities, peak planning, and participating in outreach events (i.e. local career fairs, store opening days, etc.)
· Supports managers with disciplinary process and terminations to eliminate potential liability.
· Provides HR guidance and interpretation.
· Supports the company goals by focusing on training all employees in personal accountability, customer service and work efficiency
· Designs, develops, implements new, and evaluates existing training and internet based solutions; provides technical guidance and assistance; acts as a thought leader and mentor to others.
Human Resources Director Experience and Qualifications:
· 5+ years of previous experience in Human Resources, with exposure across all HR functionalities, preferably in the field, retail, or multi-unit environment.
· BA / BS or comparable HRCI / SHRM Certification.
· Retail industry experience is strongly preferred.
· Experience in dealing with complex employee relations issues (EEO, FLSA, OSHA, etc…), anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
· Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information, communicate with all levels of organization, and provide training.
· Recruiting and Hiring
· Training and development
· Proficient with Paychex Flex or a similar web-based payroll, ATS & onboarding system
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products
· Managing Profitability and Budgets
· Medium sized Private Company experience is a plus
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com